04 December 2013

Children going to school in Afghanistan

Afghan schoolchildren take lessons in an open classroom at a refugee camp 
on the outskirts of Jalalabad, Nangarhar province on December 1, 2013.  

From the Reddit thread:
"I used to watch children in Afghanistan walk through a minefield daily to go to and from school. All of the mines (identified so far) had small rocks painted white set just to the right side of them. The path they used was worn from years of walking from the townspeople."
Photo credit to Noorullah Shirzada/AFP.

6 comments:

  1. The photo comes from AFP, was taken by Noorullah Shirzada: http://afp-photo.tumblr.com/post/68780746849/afghanistan-jalal-abad-afghan-schoolchildren

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Mlle Titam. I've added the credit and a brief caption. I've also replaced the photo I originally posted with the one from the AFP site. The latter has credit embedded at the bottom and a watermark upper left, both of which were removed from the other photo. That removal is ethically unsupportable and unforgiveable.

      So my sincere thanks. I wish I could send a jar of maple syrup to you. :.)

      Delete
    2. Well, I should send you a jar from Québec ^^! Thank you so much for all the interesting you put on your blog!

      Delete
  2. And to think my kids bellyache about having to walk to the bus stop!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...