11 November 2011

Does your wife/husband keep you waiting?

Why not use that time productively?
"I made my fifth cigar-box guitar this way, in twenty-minute increments.  I was reminded of the seventeenth-century French chancellor Henri François d'Aguessea, who wrote a best-selling, three-volume book ten minutes at a time while waiting for his habitually late wife to join him at the dinner table."
An interesting item extracted from Mark Frauenfelder's Made by Hand: Searching for Meaning in a Throwaway World.

1 comment:

  1. Knitting is also a great way to use this time. Socks lend themselves particularly well to spare-time knitting, as they are small, portable, light and uncomplicated. I never wear shop-bought socks anymore, only my own hand-knitted woollen ones.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...