11 November 2010

TYWKIWDBI passes milestone

This morning the Technorati Authority for this blog reached an all-time high of 624, thanks to a series of "influential reactions" (links) from other bloggers.  That gives TYWKIWDBI a rank of 826 (out of about 1.2 million blogs), in a tie with an ESPN blog and a Hollywood-reporting blog.  None of this has any practical significance, but it does encourage me to keep going on those mornings when it's hard to chew through the leather straps.  My sincere thanks to everyone who links to my posts.

(p.s. re the title, I am ever mindful of Michael Kinsley's admonition that "you don't hit a milestone if you hope to reach the next one.")

10 comments:

  1. Congrats Stan! Passing a milestone is so much nicer than passing, errr, other kinds of stones...

    Heh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha, Pajama Pundit. This is why I don't mind having birthdays... I never "hit" 40, it was just a milestone I passed, and my kidneys are doing just fine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your blog is just wonderful. I visit every day hoping for more posts. I didn't even know what a blog was before a friend linked me here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jim, I don't post every day. When I don't, scroll down the right sidebar to the blue "categories" section, and click on a category. That will give you access to several thousand old posts.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well earned!
    (from one Stan to another)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats to you, fine sir. Highly enjoyable blogging and I've never gotten so many facebook comments as when I linked to your post on the Icelandic Necropants.

    ReplyDelete
  7. congratulations! i find this the site most interesting and it is part of my daily rituals. thank you and do keep up the good posts.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for all the work you do.
    Your blog always has interesting and unusual articles.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You broaden my horizons, amuse and inform me. Thank you for giving so much of your time and energy to gathering the very best posts into one supremely interesting blog site. And if I am sometimes aggravated by ignorance and/or arrogance in the "comments" section, I simply remind myself not argue with idiots.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...