02 May 2010

Bill Moyers is retiring

NPR has the story and a brief biography -
Moyers, who has spent the past 40 years in broadcast journalism, started working for Lyndon B. Johnson in 1954... Moyers left the Johnson administration in 1967 to work for the Long Island, N.Y., daily newspaper Newsday. For the next three years, Moyers published the newspaper, which won two Pulitzer prizes during his tenure...

Moyers has received more than 30 Emmy awards and nine Peabodys during his career.
I have previously posted articles about how he defined oil as the motivation behind the Iraq War, he critized the privatization of war under the Bush and Obama administrations, accused both parties of buckling under to corporations re health care reform, and criticized the U.S. for not banning land mines.

I don't think we have another journalist of his quality to take his place.

3 comments:

  1. > I don't think we have another journalist of his quality to take his place.

    To which I can only add, "Thank GOD!"

    Good riddance to bad rubbish.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Without even looking I knew the first post would be a troll. I will always remember him best for the Joseph Campbell interviews.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've loved him since I was a little girl. In my opinion, one of the least biased journalists you'll come across.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...