16 April 2009

Vomit collector


22-year-old Rhys Owens will be in charge of keeping [Thorpe] Park's most extreme ride vomit-free.

The park says the easter holidays are some of the worst for vomit-related 'sick shutdowns', due to the high quantity of chocolate being eaten...

"The sick is just something that you have to grin and bear. I keep a nose peg attached at all times and I'm normally alright... If all I have to do is clean up maybe one or two bits of sick throughout the day I'm not really fussed. It's a dream for me."

It's estimated customers left around 150 litres of sick at the park in 2008.

The observation re chocolate is curiously appropriate; chocolate contains theobromine, a class of substance that relaxes the lower esophageal sphincter and promotes esophageal reflux. Via Arbroath.

1 comment:

  1. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NYIKQ-SwIac

    This video comes to mind!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...