11 April 2009

A mother kills her son at a shooting range


Blogged somewhat reluctantly, since I don't like to feature violence and insanity, but this is so bizarre that it deserves note.

A 44-year-old Florida woman went with her 20-year-old son to a shooting range. While he was firing, she took her revolver, aimed directly and intentionally at the back of his head, and killed him. She then placed the gun in her mouth and killed herself.

That this was no accident is evident from the recordings and written suicide notes she left behind:
"I don't want anybody following me. I don't want anyone going to hell. I want everyone to go into heaven. I want everyone to turn to God, and stick with God."

"God made me a queen and I failed. I'm a fallen angel. He turned me into the anti-Christ."

"I have to die and go to Hell so there can be a thousand years of peace on Earth."

"I couldn't kill myself and leave Mitchell behind. I had to send my son to heaven and myself to Hell."
Sad, scary, and disturbing.

Screencap from Arbroath. Video available there and at MSNBC.

1 comment:

  1. The Doctor. (Currently visiting planet Claire)February 14, 2010 at 10:30 PM

    Wow, that's pretty horrible... Unfortunatly, this is going to have to go on the (already quite long) list of reasons why I'm not religious. I can't believe a mother could do that to her child; I guess this is a good example of people doing irrational things for religion.

    - A Space Age Anorak

    P.s. I'll get you a Satanic Mechanic!

    ~53 Miles /West/ of Venus!~

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...