07 April 2009

Fluorescent light bulb fights




I try not to overuse the "Whiskey Tango Foxtrot" category on TYWKIWDBI, but this post is emblematic of what the category was created for. The top two photos (credit) are from a video that I won't embed because of the gore.

The show (I won't grace it with the term "sport") apparently consists of men in a ring smashing each other with fluorescent light bulbs. According to the Reddit thread, it is probably an event in Japanese Frontier Martial Arts Wrestling.

For those who want something of comparable bizarreness, but less gore, I've embedded a video of a man running through 70 fluorescent light bulbs. This appears to have been part of a Japanese television program.

One last thing. When I went to the website hosting the still photos, there was a GIF of a public service announcement in the left sidebar, apparently placed because of the reference to light bulbs on the webpage. I managed to get a screencap (below). The justaposition was, shall we say, striking.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...