06 April 2009

Cuban tree frog enjoys a light snack


Cuban tree frogs have been classified as an invasive species within the U.S. Both as tadpoles and adults they are superior competitors that are disrupting local ecosystems. The one above, however, provided a "light-hearted" moment for a photographer who submitted the picture to National Geographic:
This is a Cuban tree frog on a tree in my backyard in southern Florida. How and why he ate this light is a mystery. It should be noted that at the time I was taking this photo, I thought this frog was dead having cooked himself from the inside. I'm happy to say I was wrong. After a few shots he adjusted his position. So after I was finished shooting him, I pulled the light out of his mouth and he was fine...
(via)

1 comment:

  1. Thinking the post would have a title like "Frog Lights"

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...